“Calvert”  (England)

England. The "Calvert type" design would be traced back to 15th century German designs, but I'm not sure about that. The sets are often wrongly attributed to John Calvert, who is not the only maker. Other well known makers of the type are George Merrifield, Thomas Lund and John Jaques, most likely the maker of this set. Note that sets made by John Calvert are also called "Calvert", but then not this specific flower decorated type is meant.

« of 3 »
  • England, by (most likely) Jaques, "Calvert"
  • ca. 1840
  • Ivory K 8.4; p 3.9