F.H.Ayres. The business and factory of Frederick Henry Ayres, manufacturer, was started 1864 and located at 10 Baldwin’s Place, Leather Lane, London EC by 1865, later at 71 to 75 Red Lion Street, Clerkenwell by 1869 to 1877 and finally at 111 Aldersgate Street, London, EC from 1877. It became F.H.Ayres Ltd. c1905 (known mainly for outdoor games). Later taken over by Slazenger (c1948).
F.H.Ayres made a range of different sets. Here some examples. Other sets of F.H.Ayres, like Barleycorn can be found at other England pages. A rare signed travel set is on Travel (England) page.
- England, by F.H.Ayres, "Dublin/St.George influenced"
- ca. 1900
- Tagua nut (vegatable ivory) K 8.6; p 4.3
- England, by F.H.Ayres, "Staunton"
- ca. 1930
- Catalin K 7.6; p 3.5
- Box 18.2×13.3×6.8