"chess set", "chess sets", "chess pieces", "chess museum", "schaak"

“Old English” (2)

The sets here are called "Old English". The name is sometimes used for "St.George" sets as well, but I do not do that. The Indian "Old English" replica has been based on several examples, including my own "Old English" set.

England, "Old English"
1st half 18th century
Ivory K 6.9; p 3.5
« of 11 »
India, 18th century "Old English" replica
Boxwood + rosewood K 10.6; p 5.6
« of 2 »